Terms & Conditions
The person who makes the booking agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all the following Conditions of Let are adhered to by all members of the party. If any of our terms are not clear to you, please ask for clarification of specific points.
All guests agree:
- To accept that the completed booking form agreed by both parties is a binding contract and that any subsequent amendments must be agreed by both parties in writing. Also, that any deviations/relaxations to the normal payment or cancellation terms detailed below, and agreed in writing or email between the owner and an individual, form a binding contract.
- That the number of people occupying the premises during the day or overnight shall not exceed the number stated on the booking confirmation, unless by prior consent with ourselves. Visitors are welcome during the day, but should not stay overnight, unless agreed with by ourselves. The maximum number of people sleeping in the Lodge must not exceed 5.
- To pay 20% deposit on booking. The deposit is non refundable and holiday insurance is recommended. The balance is payable 5 weeks before the start of the holiday and we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled if payment is not made by the due date. If a booking is made less than 5 weeks before the start of the holiday then the full rent is due at the time of booking. Failure to pay the balance of rental charges, or allow us to take the balance by credit card by the due date will result in the owner treating the booking as cancelled and the property available for re-booking, and the deposit will not be refunded.
- Any cancellation will be notified in writing. The deposit is non refundable and if the balance has been paid then that will only be refunded providing the property can be relet at the full rate. If it is relet at a lesser rate, a partial refund will be made. If we are unable to relet it, then no refund will be made. To safeguard against cancellation charges and other unforeseen eventualities we strongly recommend Cancellation Insurance. If you are not covered by other policies, there are many on the web, including www.cancellationplan.co.uk
- To accept that if the property, subsequent to booking, becomes unavailable through any cause, then our liability is limited to the repayment of any rent already paid by yourselves.
- To accept the responsibility for personal property of guests occupying the accommodation is solely theirs and all vehicles are also left at the guests’ risk. Also guests agree to absolve ourselves of any responsibility for any accident or mishap to persons or property whilst on the premises, or whilst engaged in any activity therein, or from illness or injury arising from any cause whatsover.
- To keep any pets under strict control at all times, and accept liability for any damage caused. Dogs must be house trained and are not to be left alone at any time in or near the property unless specifically agreed with ourselves. Dogs are not allowed in the bedrooms or on any furniture, and dog beds should be supplied by the guests. The dog walk is directly adjacent to the Lodge, and any accidents around the Lodge should be cleared with shovels provided.
- To use the property solely for its purpose as self-catering accommodation and to accept the owner’s right to refuse to hand over the property to any person deemed unsuitable to take charge. Causing a nuisance or disturbance to neighbours or any unreasonable behaviour may result in the owners’ asking guests to leave, and no refund will be paid. Please remember that we are out in the countryside, and we ask you not to play music on the balcony, as sound travels easily out here, and visitors are here to enjoy the peace and quiet. Outside should be all quiet by 22.00 hours.
- To allow the owners or agents access to the property at all reasonable times.
- To be responsible for shutting all exterior doors and appropriate windows and securing the property when absent or asleep.To respect and look after the accommodation during their stay and to leave the property, equipment and utensils clean and tidy with full inventory. There will be an extra charge of £30 for extra cleaning, if the Lodge is not left in a satisfactory condition. Also to take responsibility for minimising any fire risk.
- To reimburse the owner for any breakages, loss or damage other than those due to fair wear and tear.
- To accept that occasional lapses in services may unfortunately occur, such as electricity power cuts or interruptions to wifi etc., Although we recognise and apologise for the temporary inconvenience to our guests, no compensation is generally paid by the original supplier, we in turn, are unable to compensate guests on such occasions. If there are breakdowns of domestic equipment or mechanical equipment in the Lodge, please notify us as soon as possible, and we will endeavour to arrange prompt repairs or replacements. Also we cannot accept liability for compensation due to weather conditions, acts of God, explosions, tempest, fire or accident, strike or other industrial action or dispute.
- The inside of the property is strictly no smoking. There will be an extra charge of £200 to cover cleaning of soft furnishings if there is any evidence of smoking inside the Lodge.
- Check in time is after 16.00 hours on day of arrival and check out time is by 10.00 hours on day of departure. Failure to vacate promptly may incur a penalty charge of £50. This is to offset the cost of the cleaners waiting for access to the property.