Terms & Conditions
The person who makes the booking agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all the following Conditions of Let are adhered to by all members of the party. If any of our terms are not clear to you, please ask for clarification of specific points.
Please note, that all bookings made through our online booking system are provisional until they are confirmed by ourselves via email/telephone.
All guests agree:
1. To accept that the completed booking form agreed by both parties is a binding contract and that any subsequent amendments must be agreed by both parties in writing. Also, that any deviations/relaxations to the normal payment or cancellation terms detailed below and agreed in writing or email between the owner and an individual, form a binding contract.
2. That the number of people occupying the premises during the day or overnight shall not exceed the number stated on the booking confirmation, unless by prior consent with ourselves. Visitors are welcome during the day, but should not stay overnight, unless agreed to by ourselves. All visitors must report to reception before entering the site.
3. The enjoyment and safety of our guests at Linwater is of the utmost importance. We reserve the right to ask guests who, in any way contravene these terms or conditions, site rules on the website or behave in a manner likely to cause distress or nuisance to our other visitors to leave the park immediately. In these circumstances the holiday ceases and we shall not be liable for any other costs incurred by you, including the cost of your holiday. A copy of the most up to date site rules can be found at https://www.linwater.co.uk/rules-regulations/. From time to time these rules may be updated. Guests are required to adhere to the rules as they are displayed online at the time of their stay
4. Guests should be mindful of other people on site and considerate at all times when it comes to noise, including music. The site quiet hours are from 11pm to 8am. No noise or outside (audible outside) gatherings are permitted during this time.
5. All arrivals by 6pm, later arrivals are by arrangement only, we do not accept arrivals after 9pm.
6. We do not accept bookings from or allow anyone to stay on a holiday park who is or has been listed on the Violent and Sex Offenders Register (or any register which supersedes this), or anyone who is subject to a Sexual Risk Order, Child Abduction Notice or any similar order, court proceedings or register. By making a booking, you are confirming that no one in your party is or has been on any such register, subject to any such order or otherwise the subject of any such court proceedings. If we do cancel your booking under this clause you will be subject to the cancellation terms laid out below.
Self Catering Bookings
At time of booking you will be allocated your preferred lodge or static caravan. For operational reasons we reserve the right to change you to another unit in the same category or higher,
- Bookings from adult groups (3 or more) under the age of 25 are subject to agreement by the Park Manager and can only be booked over the phone.
- We reserve the right to take a damages and excessive cleaning security deposit of £250 prior to you being given the keys. This can be paid in cash or by card. All units are inspected prior to your check in therefore any damage or excessive mess/dirt left will be charged against this payment. Provided there are no damages your deposit will be returned to you within 48 hours of your departure using the card charged.
- A 20% non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking to secure your stay.
- Full Payment is due no later than 30 days prior to arrival. Failure to pay the balance 30 days before arrival will result in your booking being automatically cancelled by the site.
- For cancellations please see the policy below.
- The deposit is non-refundable after you book. Full Payment for your holiday is non-refundable from 30 days prior to arrival.
Touring Park/Camping Bookings
- Every endeavour will be made to allocate guests a pitch of their choice, however it must be clearly understood that acceptance of a booking is not conditional on the allocation of specific pitches.
- One unit per pitch, pup tents are not permitted for sleeping in if next to a tourer or motorhome. Guest are not permitted to sleep in cars. A campervan or motorhome towing a caravan may only use one unit for sleeping in as there must be 6 metres between occupied units in line with our licence agreement.
- Arrival time is between noon-6pm. Departure time is by 12noon.
- Late Arrivals are by arrangement only.
- Late arrivals will not be permitted to enter site after 9pm for the safety and comfort of all other guests.
- No refunds will be given for late arrivals who are not able to enter site.
- The cost of the first night is payable at the time of booking and the balance payable 7 days before arrival. Failure to pay the balance 7 days before arrival will result in your booking being cancelled. Failure to arrive on booked arrival date forfeits the remainder of your booking unless arrangements have been made in advance.
- For cancellations please see policy below.
- Open fires, fire pits and ground level BBQ’s are not permitted. Bricks are provided around site which can be used to raise BBQ’s off the ground; however, this action is taken at the customers own risk.
- The use of generators is not permitted.
- Should you wish to extend your stay beyond the booked dates there is no guarantee the same pitch will be available.
- The size of your unit including the use of awnings or gazebos and your vehicle/s must fit within the specified pitch dimensions for the pitch you have booked. Failure to use the pitch as a result of not fitting, will constitute a cancellation by you as the guest and normal cancellation terms will apply.
- The motor home service point should not be used between 8pm and 8am. Toilet waste is not be emptied at the serviced pitch grey water drainage points, but in the allocated ELSAN point on site.
- Gas bottles are not to be left outside of your unit and must be stored in the appropriate compartment within your unit.
- Most breeds of Dog are welcome, with the exception of any breed of dog listed in the Dangerous Dogs act 1991. All dogs but must be kept under control at all times and on a lead whilst on site.
- All dogs must be booked onto site via the online booking system.
- The dog owner accepts all liability for their dog’s actions; including interaction with other customers. By agreeing to these terms, customers with dogs are accepting that they hold full liability for their dogs’ actions, including any that result in legal action by another patron of the site. Third party liability insurance is therefore recommended.
- The dog owner/walker is responsible for cleaning up after their dog.
- Dogs should not be left alone in either our accommodation or your own. Your dog may be used to your caravan or motorhome but they may become stressed by the outside surroundings and new sounds thus causing a disturbance to other guests.
- There is a dog walking area accessible from the back of the park. You must also clean up after your dog in this area.
- Please do not allow dogs to foul on grassed areas within the park, around your lodge, pitch, etc.
- Max 2 dogs per pitch or accommodation type. Please do not allow your pets on the beds or furniture in our accommodation.
- A £20 cleaning fee per dog is required for the self-catering bookings that accept pets. A maximum of two per unit is permitted
- With the exception of certified assistance dogs, no dogs in the playpark, camper’s kitchen or amenity block.
- Nothing in these Park Rules prevents you or any member of your party from bringing an assistance dog to the park, or from using the dog exactly as at home, if this is required to support a disability and Assistance Dogs UK or any successor body has issued an Identification Book or other appropriate evidence.
- IF CUSTOMERS WITH DOGS FAIL TO ABIDE BY ANY OF THESE RULES, THE SITE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REMOVE YOU FROM SITE WITHOUT REFUND OF YOUR BOOKING.
Coronavirus and other world events
- If the site is closed to customers by law, we will issue refunds or credit notes in line with guidance from the consumer and marketing authority. In these circumstances we will endeavour to issue refunds as soon as possible, however, please allow up to three months depending on the length of closure and number of customers we need to contact.
- In line with the government’s policy on living with COVID, standard terms and conditions now apply to all bookings.
- it is your responsibility to ensure that your visit is compliant with the most up to date law on COVID 19.
Changes to our facilities and services
- We may make reasonable changes to the facilities and services at the park provided these changes do not materially reduce their quality. Our changes may reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements or implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example to address a health and safety risk.
- We will endeavour not to make such a change: however considering recent events relating to energy prices, we reserve the right to make changes to the price of your holiday after you have booked, should the price rises become unviable to the business. An example of this could be a fair usage policy on gas and electricity usage, whereby anything over a fair amount is charged for. In these circumstances we will give you the option to cancel with a full refund should the price no longer be acceptable to you.
- If we make changes to the facilities and services at the park which materially reduce their quality, we will give you the choice between confirming your booking, agreeing new booking dates with us, or cancelling.
- If, following any changes made and your holiday has not started and you decide to cancel, then we will refund your booking in full provided you request this within 48 hours of being notified. If your holiday has started, then we will refund in full any full days unused when we cancel.
- We will not charge an administration fee, and we will not deduct any Direct Costs.
- Self-Catering Bookings Cancellation Policy
1.1 A deposit of 20% is due at the time of booking. The deposit is non-refundable after you book.
1.2 The full balance is due 30 days prior to arrival and is non-refundable from this stage.
1.3 Failure to pay the deposit or balance when due will be treated as a guest cancellation and will result in your booking being cancelled. Relevant payments will be held as per paragraph 1.1 and 1.2.
- Campsite Bookings Cancellation Policy (Tourers and Tent pitches)
2.1 A deposit of your first night’s stay is required at the time of booking. Refunds of deposits will be provided based on the timescales below for all bookings except those listed in paragraph 2.3.
2.1.1 Cancellation 90 days or more before arrival; 95% deposit refunded.
2.1.2 Cancellation 60-89 days before arrival; 50% deposit refunded.
2.1.3 Cancellation 30-59 days before arrival; 25% deposit refunded.
2.1.4 Cancellation less than 30 days before arrival; Deposit held by site.
2.2 The final balance for your holiday is due 7 days before you arrive. This is non-refundable once paid. If the balance is not paid before the due date the site reserves the right to cancel your booking without refunding your deposit.
2.3 The following dates are not entitled to a refund or date transfer of the first night deposit at any stage. This is to discourage guests from ‘holding’ pitches at busy times when advanced booking is common, and thus making it harder for the park to let out their pitch later to the same occupancy or efficiency.
2.3.1 24 December – 2 January
2.3.2 1 – 20 April
2.3.3 28 – 31 May (or the late May Bank holiday if dates are different)
2.3.4 16 -26 June
2.3.5 15 July – 31 August
- Additional Cancellation Policy information for all accommodation/pitches
3.1 The agreement for your stay is between the caravan park and you. It is not linked to any activities or events that you have booked as part of your wider holiday, including flights. If the park remains open and can honour a booking, refunds will not be issued for any cancellations unless in line with the terms and conditions stated in Paragraphs 1 and 2.
3.2 Cancellations made by the site, if legally required to close under the coronavirus act or any other government order, will be offered a refund or credit note for any days that we cannot fulfil.
3.3. In line with the most up to date legal requirements, no refunds will be issued for guests who cancel following a positive COVID-19 test. In line with government guidance COVID-19 will be treated in the same way that any other cancellation is, including a cancellation due to other illnesses.
3.4. Your holiday price does not include any cancellation insurance cover. It is always recommended that you take out holiday insurance cover. Subject to at least 30 days’ notice, we can, in some circumstances allow you to change your dates. Bookings in these circumstances will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
3.5. Only one amendment can be made per booking, and it has to be pre-booked for a date no more than 3 months after your original arrival date. In this case we cannot guarantee your originally allocated pitch/accommodation. Changes may incur additional costs depending on the new dates chosen.
3.6. No refund will be issued for nights booked if you decide to leave early or arrive late.
3.7. Unless arrangement has been made with the site before arrival, if you fail to check in before 9pm on your scheduled arrival date or fail to notify us of a later arrival, it will be assumed that your booking is cancelled, and you no longer require it. At this point, your pitch/accommodation will be made available online for others to book. No refunds will be issued in this instance.